Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday Stash Report

Another week has just flown by!  Unfortunately, I still haven't been doing a lot of sewing, but I plan to change that today!  I picked my machine up Wednesday morning, so it's sitting in the basement waiting patiently for me.  My husband will be home on Monday for the holiday and I've been promised a little mommy time.  My plan is to use some of it this afternoon to sew!

I've started cutting out my first Swoon quilt block for the quilt along.  I hope to sew it together this afternoon.  I'm so excited to start this one!  I think it's going to be very pretty!

After the Swoon block, I'm going to start again on #5 of the UFO Challenge.  I'm still working on sewing the black sashing strips to the butterfly blocks.  The look is very striking, but it's so boring!  I'll be so glad when I'm finished with this step.

While I've been cutting away, I still can't count anything as out yet.  Hopefully next week.  The good news is I still haven't bought any fabric.  Staying out of the local quilt store and deleting those emails (you know which ones I'm referring to) is really helping me stay focused!  I'm really hoping I can keep this up until March when Flea Market Fancy is re-released!  If I do, I'm going to treat myself and not feel the least bit guilty!  Wish me luck!

Used this week: 0 yards
Used YTD: 0 yards
Added this week: 0 yards
Added YTD: 0 yards

Net Added/Used YTD: 0 yards.

Nothing in, nothing out.  Boring, but it's quite an accomplishment for me!  I've been fitting a little bit of time in my sewing area everyday this week, and I've been using my stash.  I'm hoping to have something to report soon!

To see how everyone else fared this week, head over  to Judy's.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

3 comments:

DeeDee said...

What would we do without Hubbies? There are so many QALs out there it is hard to decide which ones to participate in. Swoon is a beautiful quit. Enjoy your sewing time.

Angie in SoCal said...

I, on the otherhand, count any fabric I take out of my stash shelves and cut up for a project as destashing. It's actually active in my sewing room, right? So, it's destashed. Your swoon quilt sounds wonderful. That is a very pretty pattern.

krisgray said...

Enjoy your sewing time! Like you, I'm trying to save up my fabric buying til our local shop hop at the end of March.