Friday, January 27, 2012

Late Night, Early Morning Sewing

Well, I stayed up way too late last night, but I finally finished the butterfly quilt top!  Today has been rough, but it was worth it!!  I used a block designed by one of the ladies from my sewing group to make this!  I have loved making a girlie quilt.  That's not something that happens often here in the land of testosterone!



If I can stay awake during naptime, I'll piece the back...that's a big if!

I'm not optimistic that I'll finish this by the January 31st deadline for the UFO Challenge, but I'm going to give it a shot!  Even if I don't finish it by the January deadline I know it will be finished soon.  Once it's complete it will be donated along with other quilts from the Quilting Angels.  The group gives quilts to many organizations for children, but they usually go to children with pediatric cancer.



This weekend will be big fun!  Last weekend the Quilting Angels meeting was cancelled due to weather, but they have rescheduled for tomorrow.  I'm not sure what I will work on while I'm there, but it won't be the butterflies.  Due to the use of inappropriate language that usually accompanies my quilting, I think it best that I quilt at home, in private, after my sons are asleep...ahem.  :)

Maybe I'll start cutting out a new project?  I do love a new project!

What is everyone else doing this weekend?


I'm linking up to Finish it Up Friday at Amanda Jean's and Confessions of a Fabric Addict today.  It's not completely finished, but I'm still sharing 'cause it's fun!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

L-O-V-E it! reminds me of pez!
whoop whoop!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

A cute quilt for a wonderful cause - nicely done.

Sue Daurio said...

That is a great quilt! Can't wait to see what your new project is. Who doesn't love to start a new project :)

Sandra said...

Love the simplicity of the pattern and the fabrics you chose. Crossing my fingers that you will get the opportunity to complete it soon:)

BunkHouseQuilts said...

I really like that pattern and the bark sashing is spot on for the brights. Well done.