Monday, March 14, 2011

Hooray for Seuss

At long last I have finished the Dr. Seuss quilt and I LOVE it!  This fabric line is absolutely adorable!  I highly recommend it to anyone who loves Dr. Seuss or has a little one who loves Dr. Seuss!

I love the back!  I used the all over Cat in the Hat print to surround a print that displays characters from various books together.  So cute!

I did my usual squiggly lines for quilting.  I didn't take any close ups of the quilting because honestly, it's horrible!  I don't know what happened this go around, but machine quilting just wasn't working for me.  After several hours spent with the seam ripper I decided that good enough would just have to be good enough.

Besides, the most important thing is, I think he likes it!!




Ahhh, I am one happy and proud mama!

6 comments:

em's scrapbag said...

Cute quilt and darling baby. You have every right to be a proud mama.

felicity said...

You should be proud - look at that beautiful perfect baby! And the awesome quilt, too. :)

Megan said...

Yay! It looks great Melanie! And that little one, stinking ADORABLE! :) You should be very, very proud!

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Awww, he is just so cute! Look at him, he's so big already :) What a sweetheart! You can tell he just loves this quilt, and it's easy to see why. Great job!!

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

My goodness he is growing fast! What a cutie! The quilt looks great!

Lee said...

Oh, so cute! I can't believe how big he is already. And of course, the quilt looks great. Nice job, Mommy!