Sunday, January 2, 2011

Stash Report #1

I have been lurking at Judy's site for the last few months and I have been impressed by all the progress everyone else is making, so I decided I'd give stashbusting a try this year.  I don't have as large as stash as most, but I do have plenty to keep myself busy.  I'm not going to stress myself out by assigning a number to how much I must use, I just want to try to use more than I buy.  We'll see if that happens!

The goals I would like to achieve this year:

1.  I have a long list of projects that I bought the fabric for the past couple of years and I would really like to work on those before starting something new.  Again, I won't stress myself out because I do love a new project, but I would like to complete some of the quilts I've been planning!

2.  When I was in college 15 years ago (yikes) a friend taught me to hand piece and quilt.  While I loved it, I found that I excelled at buying fabric, not necessarily finishing projects.  Needless to say, I have been moving boxes of fabric that are no longer my taste around ever since.  I really, really want to use some of that this year.  My plan is to make charity quilts from that part of my stash.

So, with all that said, my first stash report:

Used this week: 2 yards

Used YTD: 2 yards

Added this week: 0

Added YTD: 0

Net used for 2011:  2 yards.

Not off to a great start, but it's still a start.  If you are interested in seeing the Dr. Seuss top I've made using the two yards listed above, see this blog post.

To see how everyone else is doing check out Judy's site.

No comments: