Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

So far my new year has been fantastic!!  I rang in the new year doing my most favorite things: cuddling my boys and sewing!  I would love to be able to say that becoming a mommy made me so "boring", but I've never been much of a party girl.  I have always preferred staying home, safe and warm with my beloved to going out to a crowded bar or party.

Tomorrow is my husband's last day of vacation and everytime I think about I want to cry!  He has been home for two weeks and it has been wonderful!  We've spent so much time together as a family and just the two of us, I don't know how I'm going to handle going back to the routine:(  We've gone to the park everyday, visited with both sides of our family, and we even picked out and bought the crib for the new baby!

Speaking of the new baby, with an extra set of hands to help me with Hurst this past week, I have made good progress on the Dr. Seuss quilt.  I am in love!  I might have to buy more fabric to make an adult size for me!



I hoping to take advantage of my last day of "vacation" to add the borders.  I'm a little nervous because I've never made a border before, but I'm dying to cut into the fabric.  When it's this cute who could blame me?



Wish me luck!  I can't wait to see this top completed!!  I think it's my favorite yet.

I hope everyone had a happy and safe New Year!  I'm looking forward to what everyone will be up to this year and I'm hoping to spend more time updating my blog! 

2 comments:

Megan said...

Awesome! Love the fabric and quilt! Congrats on the new baby, so EXCITING! Good luck with the boarders, and can't wait to see it all together.

Julie said...

I love your quilt! Great job!!