Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July! (and I'm finally back!)

After a short hiatus I'm finally back at it!  We had some computer and camera issues a couple of weeks ago, so needless to say the blog suffered.  I did, however, get a good amount of sewing accomplished!

Needless to say, it's so nice to be blogging again!  I don't get to spend nearly enough time here!

To celebrate the holiday I thought I would do a little patriotic sewing:



Here are my pieces for the Kaleidscope QAL spread out on the "design floor".  Oh, I dream of one day having a room for all my sewing, equipped with my own design wall!

Then it was off to the sewing machine:



I followed Elizabeth's advice and did some chain-piecing.  I had these sewn together in no time!  Next, the pressing! 


What a mess, but so worth it!  I think this quilt is going to be darling!



Now, I'm just waiting patiently for the next set of instructions!  I think I will take the next couple days to marvel at the fact that I'm up-to-date with a Quilt Along!  Wonders never cease!  (Please don't ask me about the status of my other two quilt-alongs, I don't want to talk about it)

I am trying to make a real effort to stay on top of this project because I'm donating this to the wonderful Army Baby Quilts organization. 

Between the sewing, cook-outing, and playing outside this has been a really great holiday!  Now, back to the grind.  My husband goes back to work tomorrow, and I have a ton of laundry to do.  Hope everyone had a really fun and safe 4th!

1 comment:

Elizabeth Dackson said...

That's awesome, Melanie!! What a fantastic purpose for your quilt, I love it :)