Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sunday Stash Report

So, I can't be hemmed in by rules!!  Especially when it comes to new fabric lines that remind me of my childhood!  My husband said he appreciated my new clever excuse.  :)

When I saw the new Pooches and Pickups by Laurie Wisbrun I knew some of it would come to live in my house.  My children and I must have a picnic quilt made out of this fabric for the summer!



I grew up in a tiny little town in southern Virginia, and the only thing to do in the summers was go to the pool.  My father had an old red pickup truck exactly like the one in the fabric and he would drive us to the pool in it usually with our black lab in the back...see what I mean?  This fabric was made for me!  Of course, my father would find it hilarious that one of my favorite childhood memories is of that truck, I was always so embarrassed to ride in it! 



So, I didn't reach my goal of not buying any fabric until the quilt show next weekend, but that's okay.  I did go about three weeks with no purchases and that is pretty good for me!

And no, I still haven't finished my Super Nova quilt!  I'm ashamed by how much I'm NOT getting accomplished lately!!  I was making good progress earlier this week when disaster struck, and after that I lost steam.  If anyone has any suggestions for removing crayon from a WIP please let me know!  I was hoping to get some sewing time this weekend, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.  We just have too much going on.  Hopefully this week!

The numbers:

Used this week: 0 yards
Used YTD: 9 yards
Added this week: 6 yards
Added YTD: 82 yards
Net used for 2011: -73 yards.

To see how everyone else is doing go to Judy's.

Enjoy the rest of the long weekend to those of you in the states!  I don't know about you, but I'm hoping to have some time to sew on Monday!

6 comments:

krisgray said...

Great story to go with your pretty new fabric!

Marti said...

I love your fabric and it goes perfectly with your childhood memories - a memory quilt.

Try Goof Off on the crayon. You'll have to wash the fabric afterward so I'd go ahead and finish the quilt so you can do that without fraying any edges.

Marié du Toit said...

Will it not be better to just allow yourself a budget for purchasing fabric? Then you will not need excuses and rationalizing for any fabric purchase as long as you stay within you budgetary limits.

Amy said...

I think this is a great fabric selection. Can't hold that purchase against you. LOL Sorry about the crayon marks. When my son was little, he colored the headboard at my babysitter's house. Yikes! But not to worry, it all worked out.

Judy D in AZ said...

You might try the crayon brand's website for hints. I also remember reading that you place a paper towel below and on top of the fabric and iron on the top paper. If it is a good wax crayon, it should melt into the paper towels.

Good luck.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What adorable fabric!