Thursday, October 7, 2010

Space Quilt For Max

I have finished a quilt that I have been working on since this spring and it felt so good to scratch it off my to do list.  I made it for my adorable nephew Max who was born in July (I'm a little late, but better late than never right?) for his outer space themed nursery.


It is just a simple patchwork, but I am so proud of it!  It is made from the incredible David Walker Rockets and Cosmo Cricket Cosmog lines and it is so cute!  It can be really hard to find cute boy fabric, but when I heard how Max's room would be decorated I knew this fabric would just be perfect!


The back was pieced very simply, a robot print bordered with Red Rockets.  I can't decide which side I like better!  I know that he will love the bright colors.


One last picture of the quilt with my favorite model...my sixteen month old son Hurst!  He can always be counted on to ham it up whenever there is a camera around!
Now I just need to wash the quilt, wrap it and deliver it to Max this weekend.

No comments: