Monday, October 11, 2010

Ducky quilt for Hurst

I fell in love with Lizzie House's Red Letter Day fabric the second I saw it online and knew I had to have it for a baby quilt.  I thought I would make one for a baby shower gift, but my son had other plans.  As soon as I brought the fabric home from my favorite store Hurst started rolling around on it and giggling.  I knew then, even though his nursery is decorated in airplanes, that the Red Letter Day quilt would be his.  My husband was nice enough to entertain Hurst Sunday afternoon so I could sew on the binding.  I just absolutely love it!  I saw the quilt Faith of Fresh Lemons made for her son and thought it was the perfect design to showcase the fabric!  Hope she thinks imitation is the highest form of flattery!!

It was the perfect design for someone like me who is still learning to piece and quilt by machine.  I cut stips from each of the fabrics in various widths and then pieced them together.  It is quilted in lines that go straight across the quilt in various widths which is very flattering to the design.

I pieced the back together with leftovers from the front.  I just love the green and blue duck fabric!!  It is my favorite!

I love that I am finally finishing projects that have been waiting for a few months!  It feels so good to check this off my list, not to mention I think he really likes it!


No comments: