Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Baking and Sewing

Today was a very productive day.  On top of the usual housework and toddler care, I was able to do some baking and sewing.

Unfortunately, my husband and son don't share in my love of all things sweet.  Of course, in their defense, I do have one of the biggest sweet teeth around!!  The three of us do agree on one thing: pumpkin sweets are delicious!!  I made one of my go-to pumpkin treats this morning, pumpkin muffins.  I recently started using this recipe and I think it is perfect!  I cut down on the amount of sugar called for, but other than that I stay pretty true to the recipe as written.

They may not be much to look at, but these are perfect for breakfast with a glass of milk or tea in the afternoon!
On the sewing front, I made two blocks this morning for an exchange at my quilt guild meeting tomorrow night.  I am a new member, but so far I just love it.  It is so nice to have two nights a month where I am surrounded by people who all share my passion for quilting.  This group is filled with so many talented people!  I get inspired all over again everytime I go.  I really hope whoever ends up with my blocks likes them...I am a little nervous since I am a novice quilter!

We are using Bonnie Hunter's Happy Scrappy Houses pattern for exchange this year.  I was hoping to have at least three blocks for exchange this month, but no such luck.  While I think these turned out really good, the piecing was a little tricky for me, so I am thrilled to have these made!  I can't wait to see what I get in return.  So exciting!

No comments: