Thursday, June 21, 2012

One Row Down...


and a pretty good start on the second!

Isn't the fruitcake the cutest?


Speaking of Fruitcake, is it strange that it's looking a little like Christmas around here? It must have something to do with the weather (the temperature will be 100 around these parts today) that is putting me in the mood for a cold weather holiday. When I was choosing a project to take with me this past Saturday to the DCMQG sewing day I knew I needed to take one of my WIPs. While there were plenty to choose from, I found myself drawn to my Fruitcake quilt that I started last year. I made six more blocks to add to the collection.


I have found myself daydreaming about cuddling under this quilt this Christmas with some cocoa and a child (or two) to keep me company. We'll see how that works out for me...

I just love these snowmen!



While I've enjoyed my little bit of Christmas sewing I think it's time to get back to the baby quilts! I will keep working on my Christmas cross stitch in the evenings though. That is too much fun to be put away!

2 comments:

felicity said...

100 degrees? ICK! No wonder you're daydreaming of wintertime!

felicity said...

p.s. love the cross stitch!