Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday Stash Report

Well, I have some progress to report this week!  I finally finished the top and back for my elephant baby quilt. Hopefully I'll have time to baste it this evening.  The quilting shouldn't take too long.  I'm just planning to do some simple straight line quilting along the seams.  We'll see how long it takes!



I'm still plugging away on my next QOV.  I've made good progress, but can't count it out until the top is finished. I've got my fingers crossed that I can count it next week! The pattern is Fourth of July by Bonnie Hunter. It is my favorite type of quilt pattern: easy to piece, but gorgeous!



I've started cutting out a sailboat baby quilt for my step-sister.  It will be awhile before I can count this fabric out, but at least I've started!  Her son was born on Tuesday in South Carolina.  Fortunately, it's pretty warm there is time of year, so I can get away with not having his quilt ready quite yet!

Since I'm just not happy until I've got a million projects going at once, I cut into my Going Coastal stash this week! After much deliberation, I've decided to make a simple patchwork quilt.  I wanted something easy and quick so I can use it this summer, but that would show off the awesome prints, so I think this will be perfect.  I can't wait to finish this one!

Along with the sewing I also added some fabric too.  I really just added more to my stash of fabrics I already have.  More Flea Market Fancy, Dear Stella Anchors Away and Going Coastal.  No pictures to share of the new additions because they've already been cut or mixed in with the existing piles, but trust me they are gorgeous!

The numbers this week:

Used this week: 7 yards
Used YTD: 23 yards
Added this week: 8 yards
Added YTD: 51 yards
Net Added: 28 yards

To see how everyone else is doing with their stash management go to Judy's.

1 comment:

DeeDee said...

Your elephant quilt is adorable, I am sure mother and baby will love it. I am going to have to make the $th of July quilt - it is fantastic and I love the scrappy fabrics you used. Thanks for sharing.