Saturday, February 18, 2012

Saturday Sewing

I was fortunate to spend this morning with some of the fabulous ladies in the DCMQG.  It is always so much fun to get together with this group!  I'm so glad the boys are a little older so I feel a little more comfortable leaving them for a couple of hours.  Graham sleeping through the night definitely helps matters!

I remembered last night at around 10:30 that at today's meeting we were getting a needle turn applique lesson.  Of course that means I was up really late getting prepared!  Oops!

So this morning I arrived at the Fairfax City Library all pieces ready to go, but a little sleepy and blurry-eyed.

I still need lots and lots of practice, but it's a start!


I realize this isn't the world's best picture, but it's mostly just to prove that I actually tried applique.  This is my practice piece, and if it isn't too horrible I'll show it to you when it's finished.  :)

Our awesome teacher could be yours too!  Eileen Thomas is so sweet, informative, encouraging...everything you need/want in an instructor.  Not to mention she brought chocolate!  Can't beat that!

After our lesson we went across the street to a local quilt shop where I broke my no fabric buying streak, but that I'll 'fess up tomorrow on the stash report.

As always I had a lovely time, and I can't wait until our next meeting in March!

No comments: