Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas crafting

It is a gray, rainy day here in Virginia.  If you can believe the weatherman it's going to be like this all week.  We have kept ourselves busy with some holiday crafting!

Please allow me to introduce you to the newest members of the family:


Mr and Mrs Snowman (or as my son calls them, Mommy and Daddy snowman)

They are a little lopsided, but in our house they fit right in!  We have no room for perfection here!  Besides, I think they are pretty stinkin' cute!  I really loved that they kept my toddler and me busy for at least an hour.

Then, we made felt snowman ornaments for the tree:


We made two more for the grandmothers, but this one is mine!  I'm so happy that Hurst is finally old enough to do a little crafting with me!  I try to do a little something with him everyday while his little brother takes his morning nap. 

Last but not least, I was able to finally finish up my Christmas table runner recently!  Sorry in advance for the rotten photos, but like I mentioned above, it's raining here which makes for really awful photo sessions.  :(


It is just a simple disappearing nine patch made out of two charm packs of "12 Days of Chirstmas" by Kate Spain.  This line is tied with Michael Miller's Funky Christmas as my favorite holiday fabric ever. 



The quilting is a very simple little free motion loop that I think turned out pretty cute!  Just don't look at the back!



I'm so glad to finally have this finished and on the table!

Anyone else busy making spirits bright?


For the first time ever, I'm linking up to Fabric Tuesday!  I can't believe I remembered, so exciting!

3 comments:

Dee said...

I love those colors for Christmas...such a happy table topper and I love that you got to craft and spend time with your family!

Eileen said...

Saw your piece on Fabric Tuesday! Nice work!

krisgray said...

Cute table runner! My son told me this morning that he wanted to help me make the quilt block that came up on today's date on the perpetual quilt block calendar - we'll see!