Saturday, October 15, 2011

100 Quilts for Kids

There is a reason I don't sign up for online quilting bees.  I love reading about the bee blocks others are making and I especially love to see the finished product.  Alas, I know in my heart of hearts, that I would totally be that person every month freaking out, driving like a mad woman to the post office to get the blocks off on time!!

I finally finished sewing the binding on this little beauty last night.  What can I say?  I made it!  Deadline met, at the last second, but met just the same! 


It isn't fancy, the quilting is far from perfect, but I love it!  I truly hope that a local child will get a some comfort from this little quilt. 

I used the leftover 5 inch squares from the front for a little framed patchwork on the back.  Simple, but very pretty.



I didn't bother to take any close ups of the quilting because it's not great, but I'm definitely getting better.  Anyone reading this who is contemplating trying free motion quilting: Go for it!  It's challenging, but so much fun!  It is absolutely true that your quilting will look better the more you do it!

Now, I'm off to get ready for the DC Modern guild meeting today.  We are meeting on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial.  How cool is that?

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very pretty quilt. I love the colors on it and I'm sure your quilting is perfect. I used to live in DC another lifetime ago and miss it terribly. Enjoy Lincoln for me. The Einstein Memorial was always my very favorite, though.