Tuesday, December 20, 2011

2012 UFO Challenge

I have been doing Judy's Sunday Stash Report this year, and it has been a blast!  I have made new blog friends and have seen some incredible stash busting!  Unfortunately, I wasn't one of the stash busters.  This was a year of stash enhancement for me, ahem, but it was still a lot of fun and I'm definitely playing next year.

I've also decided to join in the fun of Judy's 2012 UFO Challenge.  Not only will this help me finish up some of my projects, but maybe it will help the weekly Stash Report too!  A girl can dream right?


1.  My Halloween Table Runner.




All I have to do is sew on the binding.  Why haven't I finished this yet?  Ridiculous...

2.  Fruitcake Quilt. 




I wasn't able to finish this in time for Christmas, so I'm going to try to finish for next year.  Hope my son is still fascinated by snowmen next year!

3. Nicey Jane Quilt.

I was making good progress on this one earlier this year, but when I started assembling the rows I realized I wanted it to be bigger.  Then I came to a complete standstill.  I would love to give it to my wonderful Aunt Kathy next year for either her birthday or Christmas.  If I can just get it finished!  I blogged about it earlier this year, see a WIP pic here.

4.  Flannel Quilt.




This is one of the first quilts I ever started.  It's all flannel and it's for the Hubs.  He would be thrilled to finally have this one finished especially considering I started making it for him fifteen years ago...

I can't believe we have been together that long and that I still haven't finished the poor guy's quilt!

5.  Butterfly Quilt.




I started making this for the MSP Quilting Angels sewing group I joined earlier this year.  I really want to finish this one sooner rather than later, so if I can I'll finish this before Judy announces #5.  I've made all of the blocks, so I just need to add the sashing, quilt it, and then add the binding.  I think I can, I think I can...

6.  Kaleidoscope Quilt.

I have to finish this one.  I just need to finish quilting and binding it.  It is going to be donated, so I need to get the lead out.  If I have time after Christmas I will try to work on it.  Blogged about it here.

7.  Christmas Tree Skirt.




I really wanted to finish this for our tree this year, but it just didn't happen.  Next year, next year...

8.  My first QOV




I haven't technically started this one yet, but I'm putting it here.  I've picked the pattern, pulled the fabrics and it's taking up room in my crammed project box, so I'm counting it!  It will be donated through the MSP Quilting Angels group.

9.  Postage Stamp Quilt

This was the first ever Quilt Along I joined and then I never finished it.  I will be honest and say that when I started it I was so excited, but I lost interest soon after the piecing commenced.  Unless I have a complete change of heart I think this one will be donated to the Quilting Angels when it's finished.  See progress pics here.

10.  Heart Strip Quilt.

I started cutting this out for the 100 Quilts for Kids project this year and then ran out of time.  It would be great to have one already made when the next round is announed.  Since all I've done so far is cut the strips it's not picture worthy, but check out the tutorial here.

11.  Super Nova Quilt

I am so in love with this quilt!  The pattern and the fabric equally, but it's for me, so it kept getting pushed to the back of the list.  Hopefully 2012 will be the year I get to snuggle with it!  All I have to do is quilt it (it's even basted) and bind it.  See progress photos here.


12.  Dutch Pinwheel Quilt.

I've made a couple of blocks from this tutorial.  I'm thinking it will become a QOV that will be donated through my MSP Quilting Angels group

My goal for this project is not to necessarily finish all of these, but to work on them even it's just for the assigned month.  My concern is if I don't have a working list, these projects will be shoved in a closet and forgotten.  Of course I do want to finish some of them, I'm just trying to be realistic.  Twelve finishes in a year would be a lot for me and that's just my UFOs.  Don't get me started on the new projects I want to start...

I can't wait for 2012 to get here, so I can get to work!  How about you?  Do you have any UFO's creeping around your sewing room?  Care to join us?

6 comments:

Dawnmarie's Life said...

I'm so ready for 2012 as well! I've got one more project to finish before I can start on my list - my dh's quilt. He keeps asking for it, so I can't work on anything else till it's done. Can't believe your hubby has been so patient. LOL.

Vio said...

Good for you! All of my UFOs are mostly in my head. I'm new to quilting and I'm afraid that if I have several projects out at the same time, they'll never get finished. But getting something started is better than nothing at all, right? :o) Good luck with your 2012 challenge!

Linda in Calif. said...

Okay, these quilts are beautiful and they need to be finished so that they can be enjoyed. And your poor hubby waiting so long. Yes, do finish that this year(if possible). I'll be rooting for you okay?

Katie said...

I know playing along with Judy's challenge this year has really kept me motivated to finish projects - getting me into my sewing room even when I wasn't feeling it, so I hope it works for you this coming year! You've got quite a few really cute projects and I'll enjoy seeing their progress at the monthly link-ups!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh thats a great list - such variety!! Is Jeff T a part of the MSP quilting angels? I hear they are a very busy group!!! Good for you for helping out!!

Quilter Kathy said...

That's a great project list! Good luck with meeting your goals in 2012!