Monday, December 26, 2011

Last Stash Report of 2011

Well I stuck to my guns and didn't buy any fabric this month!  I am very proud of myself!  Fortunately, I was so busy I really didn't have time to look at fabric sites or go shopping for anything other than Christmas presents.  I also didn't have a lot of time to sew either, so my stash busting numbers are still dismal.  Oh well, there's always 2012 right? 

I'm definitely doing the stash report again next year.  While I didn't bust my stash the way I had planned, reporting has been a very eye opening experience!  I always knew I bought a lot of fabric, but I had no idea how much!  This year was also a very busy one for us as a family especially with our new little guy, and his rough and tumble big brother!  Big fun of course, but I have had very little time to sew.  I'm hoping now that we are starting to develop more of a schedule as a family, I will find more time to spend in my sewing area!  I want 2012 to be the year of using my stash!  Of course I'm sure I will find some fabric that I must have, but I would like to try to be a little more thoughtful about my purchases!  Here's hoping!

My numbers for 2011:

Used YTD: 34.75 yards
Added YTD: 137.75
Net Added this year: 103 yards

I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone else does tackling the stash this coming year!  If I don't find myself back before the 31st, Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Good luck in 2012 - you will have great fabrics to choose from!!