Wednesday, July 13, 2011

WIP Wednesday

Hello everyone!  This has been a very exciting week here in the Burnett household!

Our little Graham is six months old today.  I just don't understand where the time has gone!!  Didn't I just give birth?!?  To celebrate, last night was the first night the little stinker slept through the night!!  BEST present ever!!



Can you believe this chunk was a premie?

Okay, thanks for indulging me, onto the sewing!

Nicey Jane Quilt:



I now have 21 out of 49 blocks.  Only six blocks this week, not good if I'm going to finish this in the next couple of weeks.  I'm hoping to really put some work into it this weekend!

Super Nova:

Nada, unfortunately.  I hate leaving this one hanging because it's gorgeous!  (If I do say so myself)  Since this one is mine, I keep pushing it aside to work on other things.  I plan to finish it up after I finish Nicey Jane.  No more new projects until I finish the Super Nova!

Kaleidoscope QAL:



I have all of the quarters sew together, so I just need to make them blocks.  If the boys cooperate and nap at the same time, I will work on these this afternoon.  I want to actually finish one QAL on time!

Farmer's Wife QAL:

I have cut out the next two blocks, but no sewing yet.  The cutting seems to be the most time consuming part for me, so hopefully they will come together quickly.  My goal is to finish them by Friday.

Hope everyone else has achieved or surpassed their goals for the week!  To see what others are up to, head on over to Lee's.

9 comments:

Wandering Minstrel said...

Go, you! And congrats to Graham!

I love your Nicey Jane quilt--it's going to be gorgeous! And I am still at the mostly-quarter-block stage in my kaleidoscope, too. Good luck to us!

Lynette said...

Yay yay yay for sleeping through the night! (Did it scare you, though? I remember the first time our oldest slept through the night, I was freaked and spent most of the night snoozing fitfully in the rocker so I could make sure she was still breathing.)

Debbie said...

Nice kaleidoscope! You'll find the quarters & halves go alot quicker than the first step. Looking good!

felicity said...

Nice 6 month birthday present for Mama! Loving your progress, and am impressed with what you can get done with 2 kiddos around!

Marg said...

Woo hoo sleeping through that's a nice present. I hope he keeps it up.
Love the Nicey Jane blocks. I like the red and blue kaleidoscope blocks, looking forward to seeing them all laid out.

Melinda said...

Love Nicey Jane! I remember when mine first started sleeping through the night. Of course, they are now 5 and 9, and they sleep like logs!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Looks like you have a lot going on! But the *chunk* is the cutest!!

Lee said...

OMG! He's six months old already??? You're right, where has the time gone? He's adorable, and your WIPs look great! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

Unknown said...

Sleeping through the night? I'm jealous, my 3 year old still wakes up at least once a night!
I love Nicely Jane, can't wait to see what the finished quilt looks like!