Friday, January 6, 2012

Keeping Busy

I'm a little disappointed I can't sew this first full weekend of the new year.  On Wednesday I took my machine in for it's annual cleaning, so no sewing for me until it comes home.

While this isn't helping me to finish any of my projects already in progress, it has allowed me to start cutting out new ones!  Oh, how I love a new project!

My son and I have been playing with the Go Baby for the past couple of days and it has been great fun!  I have to been very careful when using the rotary cutter because Hurst, like most toddlers I imagine, is very curious and always eager to "help".  He hasn't hurt himself yet, but he has gotten ahold of the cutter a couple of times which makes me so nervous!  This is the best of both worlds: he gets to help and I don't have to worry about his little fingers!




I have been cutting up my stash of purple calicos/prints that I have had since I first starting quilting, but now are no longer my cup of tea.  So far I have over 300 tumblers and we are still going.  I think this weekend we will start cutting out triangles.



Once these are finished, I am going to take them to the next Quilting Angels meeting.  I thought it would be fun to have a couple of kits on hand for anyone looking for a quick and easy project.  Don't be surprised if I'm not the one working on them later this year!

I also thought I might take advantage of this down time to start cutting out some baby quilts.  I know at least 8 people who are having babies this year, so I need to get working.  Needless to say, I don't know that I will make 8 baby quilts this year, but I will be making several!

I hope everyone else has a wonderful weekend!  Anyone else have any quilty plans or are you still burnt out from Christmas?

No comments: