Thursday, June 14, 2012

WIP Thursday?

As usual I'm a little late to the party. I try to post with everyone else on Wednesdays at Freshly Pieced, but this week has really passed me by. However, that doesn't mean that I don't need/want to show everyone in blogland my lack of progress! Oh no, I want the world to know how unproductive I am!

Just kidding! I'm not unproductive, I'm just not very good at quilting so it takes me a little while. Especially when I make a mistake. Then, not only do I have to pull out the stitching, I also get extremely frustrated and have to step away for a little bit to work on something else. Now a smart person would work on something they already have in progress, correct? Especially if said person's projects are taking over their basement, right? Well, I've never claimed to be smart or sane because I've started something new!

You won't blame me for wanting a break from quilting when you see this photo. I'm apparently the worse baster in the world because look at this:



Isn't it awful? I have about 8 inches of quilting to pull out and then I'll try it again. I'm going to try to finish it this weekend. That will be hard to do because this weekend will be busy, but it's what I want to do. I'll let you know what happens.

My other quilt project is going pretty good. Last Saturday I met with the Quilting Angels and finished the blocks for my next Quilt of Valor. Now I just need to arrange these in a pleasing manner, sew, and then attach the borders. By the way, I hate attaching borders, so I don't know why I keep choosing Quilt of Valor patterns with them. My next one won't have one, much less the two that are required for this quilt!



My new project is a Christmas cross stitch I bought a couple of weekends ago. So far I'm loving it! It is so nice to curl up on the couch after the kids are asleep and work on this project. It is very slow going, but so relaxing. I'm positive I won't finish it by Christmas this year, but I love it just the same.


So far just two bells, the letter C and the beginning of a lower case a, but it's still progress. I'll keep you up to date on the project as I go along. My plan is to quilt in the morning before the boys wake up and cross stitch in the evening while hanging out with my beloved.

I hope everyone else is making heaps of progress this week with their work. Hopefully, I'll remember to update my progress next week on Wednesday. WIP Thursday just doesn't have the same ring to it...

Take care!


2 comments:

Vio said...

You are sane for starting on another project. I do it all the time and therefore we are both ok. :o) Good luck with the elephant quilt! I basted my first BIG quilt on my not-nearly-big-enough kitchen floor and I am deathly afraid the same thing will happen to me.

Christie describeHappy said...

Just coming to give you a big hug. I basted a quilt that bunched like that and I wanted to kick myself for it, but stepping away for awhile was the best thing. And now that it's done I have a fun story to tell about it. As long as you can still laugh about it, all is well!