Wednesday, December 8, 2010

W.I.P. Wednesday

I have made really good progress this week.  I finally finished my Hushabye quilt and all three of us have enjoyed using it while sitting on our couch in our chilly basement.  I think next year I will have to make one that is a little more masculine for the boys!!  See this blog post for finished pics.

I am so close to finishing the baseball quilt and I am so proud of it!  I think I might be a new convert to FMQ, I love it!  It still isn't perfect, but it was much easier this time around and I finished quilting it in one nap time!  I think my next project I might try stippling and see how that goes, but this time around I played it safe and just did more of my wavy lines.  After Hurst goes to bed tonight I will finish the binding and I'm ready to move on to the next project.



I have decided to add a couple of new projects to the mix this week.  For years we have wrapped the trunk of our Christmas tree in a green blanket and I have decided this year that we need a tree skirt.  A quilted tree skirt of course!  I am planning on using this tutorial.  I feel in love with it last year as soon as I saw it, but with a newborn it just wasn't possible.  This year I'm going for it!  I am also thinking about making stockings for us too!  We will see how much I actually accomplish.  My major "W.I.Ps" for the rest of the week have to be laundry and housework, but this weekend I hope to spend a lot of time with my sewing machine.

Hope everyone else had productive weeks!

7 comments:

Becky said...

Yea on the FMQ! I thought I'd hate it at first too, but it's so incredibly satisfying to sew your own quilt start to finish. It's much more fun than it seems!

felicity said...

FMQ is a great tool to have in your toolkit! Way to go for giving it a try. Happy WiP Wednesday!

Lee said...

Excellent job on the FMQ! And the baseball quilt turned out really cute.

I'm loving that tree skirt you're planning to make. I definitely want to make a tree skirt (for next year!) and there are just so many cute ones out there, it's hard to decide which one to do.

Thanks for linking up with WIP Wednesday—hope you have another productive week! : )

Leila said...

Love, love, love the baseball quilt! I'm glad you got the quilting to work.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

now that's impressive

Megan said...

Looks great! I am still loving that baseball quilt!

Diane said...

Your baseball quilt is looking great! What color binding are you going to use?