Monday, October 25, 2010

Baking and a little sewing...

This weekend was not very productive on the sewing front, but I did manage to make another hexagon flower for the GMFG quilt.


Gotta love those pink polka dots!!

I did, however, perform some magic in the kitchen.  Saturday morning I made pumpkin waffles that were to die for!!  If you are a pumpkin fan you MUST try these!

I also made my favorite sugar cookies from good ol' Martha.  The only changes I make to this recipe is I use 3 1/2 cups flour instead of 4 cups and I always add either lemon or orange zest to add a little more flavor.  This is the best recipe for cutouts.  They always hold their shape so nicely!  Since I didn't feel like pulling out the piping bags I frosted these with this delicious icing.  Of course the decorating wasn't as pretty as when I take the time to pipe royal icing, but boy these are delicious!  Since these cookies were just for us I think that's all that matters!





I am still plugging away on the "Hushabye" quilt.  I hope to have the backing finished soon.  First, I need to figure out what I am going to practice free motion quilting on.  Definitely don't want to just jump in and start on the quilt without practicing first!  I really need to get over myself and just quilt already!  I am always so chicken when it comes to trying something new.  Hopefully tomorrow during naptime I will get something accomplished!

1 comment:

Cecily said...

Thanks for your sweet comments on my quilt! Your GMFG is coming along beautifully! I've wanted to taken on a LONG TERM hand quilting project like yours for a while, but haven't decided on a pattern yet...