- To use the Stash I already have!
- Finish UFOs without distraction by shifting to other new beautiful fabric.
- Stop the insanity of constantly buying the latest and greatest fabric.
- Save the $$ I spend on stashing. (This is an important one for me. No starting a new hobby with the money not spent on fabric. SAVE IT!)
- Destash the fabrics that I realize I am never going to use. (I really need to get rid of some of my old fabric.)
FABRIC FAST RULES:
1) No fabric purchases for 6 months beginning January 1, 2014.
2) At 6 months reevaluate status and decide whether to keep going for full year. Evaluation July 1, 2014.
3) Create a UFO list and complete them!
- Backing: purchasing a backing to finish a quilt top is permissible. However, attempting to use fabric in your possession for a backing is preferable. (I will allow myself fabric for backings, bindings, and sashing. However, I MUST try to use what I have first)
- Books and Magazine purchases are allowed as they are not fabric. Notions acceptable too. (I have plenty of these, so I'm going to cut this out too)
- Swap Mama Fabric: if hosting a swap you are permitted to by fabric to execute swap duties, but you may not join a swap simply for the sake of being able to buy fabric! (No swaps for me!)
- Quilts for Publication: if you are making a quilt for a publication and need certain fabric to execute it correctly then that is a major exception - who can blame you?
I'm not going to give myself hard and fast rules about what I have to work on. Since I'm not going to allow myself new fabric, I'm not going to focus just on UFOs. If I want to start a new project I will. In my experience if I give myself too many rules, I don't stick with it.
Without further adieu, here is my list of projects for 2014:
- Make quilt for my Mother-in-Law for her birthday
- Finish my Going Coastal quilt
- Finish my Innocent Crush quilt
- Finish Grinch quilt for my son
- Finish Nicey Jane quilt for my Aunt
- Finish baby quilt for cousin
- Make two baby quilts for my nephews
- Wonky Star quilt with Constellation fabrics
- Finish Cherry Christmas quilt for me
- Finish Christmas quilt for my BIL and SIL
- Finish two Quilts of Valor
- Organize my scraps and then do a scrappy project.
I know I won't finish all of these and that new shiny projects will come along, but some of these have been on the pile for a long time. I want to finish some of these and use them! I know there are other UFOs I'm not thinking of right now that I might want to finish up too. I will try to update the blog once a month on my progress, but I can't promise anything. Blogging is just not something I do very often, but I'm going to try.
Interested? Please consider joining us! I'm hoping this will really help me meet my goals.