Wednesday, February 13, 2013

WIP Wednesday

This past week did not find me spending much time in my sewing room. I have made absolutely no progress on my Quilt of Valor. Instead I have spent the past week making valentines for H's preschool class. We've also been taking advantage of the awesome weather lately and playing outside practically non-stop. I do wish we could get one real snowstorm before this season is over, but I have to admit all this sunshine is giving me spring fever! Yesterday I cleaned out the birdbath and dug around in the flower beds. H kept asking if we could go to the store and buy flowers. Not yet buddy, but soon!

I did get to work on the Christmas stocking a little in the evenings. I finished Santa's sleeve and his pipe this week. Last night I started on his pants, but I think I might have made a mistake. I'm going to look at it later with fresh eyes. I really hope I didn't mess up! I hate unpicking all those little stitches!  



I wish I could say that things will be different this coming week, but I don't think so. The rest of the week is going to be busy in the evenings and this weekend my husband has a rather big home improvement project planned. Wish us luck! My husband is pretty handy, but I have to admit I'm a little nervous about this one! It's going to be pretty hard to play with the kids while my fingers are crossed and I'm holding my breath! Needless to say, I don't think I'll have much time at the sewing machine. Since he's not planning on starting his project until Saturday morning, I'm going to try to spend most of Friday evening working on my quilt.

I'm linking up with everyone else at Freshly Pieced this week. Later today I'm hoping to look at everyone else's progress and maybe that will encourage me to finish that quilt top!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.