Sunday, February 19, 2012

stash report

I have been taking a little break from the stash report, but there hasn't really been much to report as of late.  I've been doing quite a bit of sewing, but it has all been counted out already or I can't quite count it used yet.  I still don't have any finishes, but I do finally have some changes in my numbers in both directions.

Last week I met with the Quilting Angels and donated 3 yards of fabric that had been sitting on my shelf for years gathering dust, but I knew someone there would put it to good use.  I'm very pleased to say that a purple batik I brought in was the perfect border fabric for one of the quilts.  I was so happy to see it used instead of taking up space in my teeny, tiny house!!

I have decided that it is imperative that I stay out of quilt shops while on my self-imposed fabric diet!  Yesterday I went to a local shop with the DC Modern ladies and bought a little fabric.  It was so fun and I know what I'll do with most of it, so I'm not going to beat myself up about it.


The gray polka dots are for an online swap, the red was just too beautiful to stay in the store, and the umbrellas are for an I Spy quilt I will make one day for the boys.

See, not a lot of fabric.  I need to put the move on some projects though because next month Flea Market Fancy comes out and I'm going to allow myself to go a little crazy.  :)

I have two baby quilts I need to start soon as the two babies will be here before I know it, so that should help the numbers tremendously!  To see how everyone else did this week head over to Judy's.

For those of you that have an extra day off this weekend, Enjoy!  Hope you can fit in a little sewing!

Used this week: 3 yards
Used YTD: 12 yards
Added this week: 2.25 yards
Added YTD: 3.75 yards
Net Used YTD: 8.25 yards

3 comments:

DeeDee said...

I spy quilts are so fun. Your numbers are great. Have fun with Flea Market Fancy next month!

krisgray said...

Cute additions! Let's face it - a fabric purchase is good for the soul!!

Lori said...

enjoyed learning a big more about Quilting Angels. Thank you for the link. Chuckled at your profile--with two small children there's not much free time. Applique--google the method of "back basting". It is ten times easier than any other method I've tried.