I wasn't able to do the stipple quilting like I had originally planned, but I am happy with the random, wavy, vertical lines I used instead. Like I said above it isn't perfect, but that's okay. This is the first quilt I have ever FMQ, so it's okay if there are a few (or a lot) mistakes. I am hoping that maybe next year when I am a quilting genius I will look back at this project and smile. I know I will love snuggling under it with my boys! I am taking a little break from it to work on other projects, but I do plan to bind it this weekend. I will post a final picture when it's completely finished.
I didn't touch any of my other projects this week, but I hope to make up for lost time since my husband is taking all of Thanksgiving week off and I have been promised lots of sewing time! Gotta love that!
I did add a new project this week. I have finished cutting out the top for the charity quilt I am working on for 100 Quilts for Christmas. I blogged about that here.
Now that Hurst is in bed, after I finish this post, these strips will be turned into a rail fence quilt top. My goal is to have this finished by Saturday so I can turn it in with the rest of the guild's quilts. Wish me luck!
My goals for this week are:
1. Finish binding Hushabye
2. Finish baseball quilt for charity
3. Cut out at least one of the Christmas quilts
Hope everyone has a very productive week!